2nd October 2017 - From the new Catch Up® CEO – Theresa Rogers
This is my first blog for Catch Up®, since officially joining the organisation on 1st September 2017.
I feel very privileged to be receiving the Catch Up® baton from Julie, and hope that I will lead the organisation continually forward, as we work hard to address literacy and numeracy difficulties that contribute to underachievement.
I wish Julie all the best as she steps into her new world, and thank her for all the time, effort, and care, she has taken to ensure that my induction process has been successful. She has been great to work alongside, and learn from, and is a difficult act to follow.
However, all changes in leadership are always an opportunity to have a look at what is happening in an organisation, to ask questions, and to reflect upon the answers.
So, what have I gleaned from my first few weeks in post?
- The skilled Catch Up® team are dedicated to ensuring that the Catch Up® Community is fully supported to achieve positive outcomes for all learners.
- People don’t always believe that there is only one lifetime cost; I have heard the question, ‘Is the offer too good to be true?’ There is only one cost, but it opens the door to a lifetime of support for you. The support can be online, in a file, via email, or at the end of a phone. The team at Catch Up® just want to help you to make a difference.
- Clearly, the Catch Up® Community is large and consists of everyone who has ever received training from us. However, there are trained people out there who may not know all that is on offer. They, like me, may well have been trained before the advent of the electronic administration system! If this is you, please get in touch.
- We deliver training across the UK, and even have links to Australia and beyond!
- Catch Up® is successful because of you. Everyone working with a learner is continually working to enable pupils to succeed, and many are achieving great progress.
- It is amazing that over 500,000 learners have been supported by Catch Up® and 28,807 trainees have been trained.
- Catch Up® is clearly all about empowering adults to make a difference for a learner.
As I move forward on my Catch Up®
journey, I plan to keep listening, questioning, and reflecting, to inform the decisions I make, and I will endeavour to ensure that the learner remains at the heart of all that we do.
I look forward to working with you and celebrating all of your achievements, and those of your learners.