25th January 2023 - Getting the best from the Catch Up® interventions – part 1
Using the Catch Up® support tools: frequently asked questions
1. Who has access to the logged-in area of the website?
Everyone who has completed a Catch Up®
training course, in either Literacy or Numeracy, has access to the logged-in area of the website. When you did your training, you would have set up your own personalised user account, with a unique username and password to log in. Only people who have attended the training can create a user account.
2. How do I access the logged-in area of the website?
- Visit www.catchup.org
- Click on ‘Log in’ at the top right of the screen
- Type in your username and password. Your username is your email address. If you have forgotten your password, click on the ‘Forgotten password’ link and you will be sent an email to help you reset it
- If you are having problems with your email address, call us on 01842 668080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be able to help you
3. I am delivering the interventions – what is there to help me?To get set up before you start the sessions:
For delivering sessions:
- The Catch Up® Literacy online booklist helps you create your own book collection ready for the individual sessions – just click on the ‘Online booklist’ icon on the homepage of your user account
- Our videos and ‘Top Tips’ give you lots of advice on preparing for both Literacy and Numeracy sessions – in the ‘Resources’ tab, ‘Coordinator Action Plan’ page
- Progress booklets for use with each learner and every session – in the ‘Resources’ tab
- The Catch Up® Numeracy online bank of activities can be downloaded for use in sessions if needed – in the ‘Resources’ tab
- The Catch Up® Literacy online booklist helps you further select appropriate books for sessions – just click on the ‘Online booklist’ icon on the homepage of your user account
4. Where do I access resources to help me with my accreditation?
In the ‘Resources’ tab, ‘Accreditation’ page.
5. Do you recommend any particular assessments for measuring Reading/Number Age before and after the intervention?
Yes, we recommend the New Salford Sentence Reading Test and the Basic Number Screening Test, both published by Hodder. Please see our Recommended Resources web page
for more information on assessments and books/apparatus to go with the interventions.
6. I have done my training – what other training sessions can I do?
Review and Refresh sessions
Once you have been delivering the intervention for at least 6 months, you can attend a Review and Refresh session. At the Review and Refresh session, you can:
- feed back to your Catch Up® trainer
- share with other deliverers how Catch Up® is going in your setting
- get advice to help you improve your practice
7. How do I book on the additional training sessions?
You are able to book a Review and Refresh session via the ‘Training’ tab on the homepage of your logged-in area; select ‘Additional training’ and select the course you wish to attend. You will be sent confirmation and full details of the session by email. You can also call or email the Catch Up®
office direct and we will book you on to your chosen session.
8. What is included in my Catch Up® training and support package and what do I have to pay more for?
There is no additional charge for anything in the logged-in area, or for attending a Review and Refresh session*.
9. How can I get help with my user account, ask questions or make suggestions?
If you need any help or have any questions, just call us on 01842 668080 or email email@example.com
. We are always happy to help or to hear suggestions on how we might make the website better for you, or anything else that would help you with your Catch Up®
* Anyone trained since January 2020 has one Review and Refresh session included in their package. Any additional sessions attended may incur a fee.